About Wildife Tourism Australia
Wildlife Tourism Australia (WTA) is a not for profit incorporated association founded in 2003. It has an elected committee consisting of a chair, vice chair, secretary, treasurer and up to three non-executive committee members that meet monthly from all over Australia. Similar organisations are found in the USA and Scotland, and are making a big difference to wildlife conservation and the development of sustainable wildlife tourism.
To promote the sustainable development of a diverse wildlife tourism industry that supports conservation.
- Communication: To provide a forum for collation and dissemination of knowledge, and communication between wildlife tourism stakeholders.
- High Standards: To support development of high standards in wildlife tourism product design and interpretation.
- Low Environmental Impacts: To promote appropriate management and monitoring to minimise negative environmental impacts of wildlife tourism.
- Conservation: To enhance links between wildlife tourism and conservation of native Australian wildlife.
- Promotion and Awareness: To promote sustainable wildlife tourism and raise awareness of the benefits and costs of wildlife tourism.