News and coming events
Two of these are informal one-day workshops run by Wildlife Tourism Australia (Sydney and Perth) – see November entries
Savannah Guides School, Winton , Queensland (dinosaurs, birds, outback, educational tour-guiding…) 22-24 March http://sgltd.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Info-and-Rego-Form-Winton.pdf
Australasian Bat Society Conference and Annual General Meeting, Townesville, 22-25 of April
9th Australian Wildlife Rehabilitation Conference Hobart May 26th To May 30th 2014.
Hi to everyone interested in wildlife rehabilitation in Australia. Technology is hampering the 2014 AWRC committees’ success in reaching those folk who received the 2012 AWRC bulletins from Townsville last year. I really never thought I would be using those lists again when we moved to Brisbane in January this year. In an endeavour to assist the 2014 AWRC Committee to reach as many wildlife rehabilitators as possible I have offered to assist using the 2012 AWRC conference communication lists. No doubt heaps will come back on this first go, however if you would like to be removed from the lists please let me know. The 2014 Conference programme and the 2014 Conference registration form can be found on the AWRC website. awrchobart.org.au
Wildlife Tourism Australia Workshop 25th November Perth
Many wildlife-related topics will be discussed, from Australian and Asian perspectives.
Download the flier: (Apologies – we’re having trouble uploading this (hope it will be there soon)
Wildlife Tourism Australia Workshop 11th November Sydney
Informal workshop (members and nonmembers welcome) to discuss wildlife-realted aspects of tourism in protected areas, in preparation for the World Parks Congress. Topics discussed will include minimal-impact wildlife viewing (including use of new technology), tour operators assisting with research or conservation monitoring, research that is needed on tourism effects on wildlife and their habitats.
World Parks Congress, Sydney, New South Wales, 12-19 November 2014
World Parks Congress (this congress only happens once every 10 years!)
View Google hangouts where we have discussed the Congress:
For other news:
- Check our blog, especially the ‘News‘ category (headlines of our most recent blogs can be seen to the right of the screen on the home page)
- Our Facebook is always active so come and join us Facebook page
- Connect with us on our Wildlife Tourism Australia page at Linked-In
- Become a WTA Member and receive up to date news every month.
- Check out our Wildlife Research Network website that details a large range of wildlife research going on around Australia that anyone can do.
Some recent headlines in the media and our website:
28 July 2013
26 July 2013
- Rescue teams have freed a whale entangled in a shark net off Queensland’s Sunshine Coast.
- NENW has 12 finalists in Inland Tourism Awards - ABC News …
- Noosa named as venue for top eco-tourism conference
- 1230 ABC New England North West News 01/07/2013: wildlife corridors in NSW