News and coming events
Wildlife Tourism Australia Workshop 25th November Perth
Many wildlife-related topics will be discussed, from Australian and Asian perspectives.
Download the flyer: ITSA_Flyer (7Mb)
Also consider the possibility of sponsorship or a display: FINAL – ITSA_Prospectus-print (7.7mb)
Wildlife Week |O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat, Lamington National Park
January 19-23 2015
Join the likes of Dr. Ian Gynther, Senior Conservation Officer with the Threatened Species Branch of Queensland’s Department of Environment and Heritage Protection (EHP), for an exciting week of tracking, trapping and sneaking up on wildlife all in the name of conservation.
Telephone: +61 7 5502 4900
Three-day Wildlife Tourism Workshop in Victoria Sept/Oct 2015
Stay tuned for details! Wildlife Tourism Australia will be conducting a three-day wildlife tourism workshop in Geelong with opening function in the evening of Tuesday 29th September, and the workshop itself running Wednesday to Friday 29th Sept to 2nd Oct. It will follow the successful pattern of our previous workshops with presentations in the mornings and roundtable discussions in the afternoons.
We will soon be calling for abstracts and announcing the this and sub themes. It is not too early however to send us a no-obligation Expression of Interest in attending.
For other news:
- Check our blog, especially the ‘News‘ category (headlines of our most recent blogs can be seen to the right of the screen on the home page)
- Our Facebook is always active so come and join us Facebook page
- Connect with us on our Wildlife Tourism Australia page at Linked-In
- Become a WTA Member and receive up to date news every month.
- Check out our Wildlife Research Network website that details a large range of wildlife research going on around Australia that anyone can do.
Some recent headlines in the media and our website:
28 July 2013
26 July 2013
- Rescue teams have freed a whale entangled in a shark net off Queensland’s Sunshine Coast.
- NENW has 12 finalists in Inland Tourism Awards – ABC News …
- Noosa named as venue for top eco-tourism conference
- 1230 ABC New England North West News 01/07/2013: wildlife corridors in NSW