Green Paper: A Medium to Long-term Strategy for Tourism
Response to Green Paper on A Medium to Long-term Strategy for Tourism
Wildlife Tourism Australia, July 31 2003
WTA supports the vision, goals and themes and strategic directions identified in the Green Paper. In particular, we feel that the following initiatives will be of benefit to wildlife tourism operators and sustainability of this sector:
- the focus on higher yield, rather than volume (key theme 3)
- improved effectiveness of marketing support (strategic direction 1,2,3)
- the development of a sustainable national system for tourism accreditation (Chapter 3, Strategic option 2).
- the identification of nature-based tourism as deserving special attention for sustainable regional economic development (section 3.1.10).
- the Australian Commonwealth rejoining the WTO (section 4.3.3)
However, we believe it is vital that the following additions and changes be made. These are addressed with reference to the sections in which they appear (in order) in the Green Paper. Proposed changes are highlighted in yellow, with the justifications given below in plain type.
Read the full response:
Response to Green Paper on A Medium to Long-term Strategy for Tourism.