From the ODEX website:
“The 2011 Underwater Festival – The Australasia Challenge
Dive Shops, Liveaboards and Resorts
Use the Underwater Festival to attract customers to dive with you between the 2nd and 11th of September – they can win almost U$150,000 in prizes. There is no cost to you and you can use any marketing material we have produced for this purpose at http://underwaterfestival.org/promote/
Integrate the Underwater Festival banner into your social marketing campaigns, your blogs and your websites. Any questions, just email firstname.lastname@example.org
Divers, Snorkellers, Dive Clubs, Marine Conservation Organisations
– Join the Underwater Festival by taking underwater photos and video over 10 days from September 2nd to 11th 2011.
– Dive/freedive/snorkel in any of 25 countries in Australasia.
– Together we will create an annual underwater snapshot of the region and show the world the beauty we risk losing.
– Over $100,000 in fantastic prizes will be awarded to the best entries in the 15 photo and 5 video categories.
– The best 100 photos and videos will be showcased at the Oceania Dive & Ecotourism Expo in Brisbane – 7-9 October 2011 – and of course online.
Join the movement! at http://underwaterfestival.org/sign-up/