Some tour companies and accommodation providers offer gentle walks, others long hikes and wilderness treks, either guided or self-guided, to see wildlife in their natural habitats.
NOTE: Many of the tours provided by WTA members also include some gentle walks, and most accommodation providers can direct you to self-guided walks. Those listed below are mostly those which also include longer hikes and treks.
- Araucaria Ecotours (Southeast Queensland) gentle walks in rainforest, open forests, coastal habits and outback seeking wildlife
- Bellthorpe Stays: Natures Retreat (Southeast Queensland) bushwalking from eco-accommodation, rainforest and open forest
- Binna Burra (accommodation, Southeast Qld) – guided and self-guided rainforest walks, from less than an hour to all-day
- Mt Barney Lodge ((Southeast Qld) guided and self-guided mountain hikes
- O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat (Southeast Qld) – guided and self-guided rainforest walks, from less than an hour to all-day
- Park Tours (Southeast Qld and elsewhere) short and long (including multi-day) guided treks through wilderness,
- Savannah Guides (the Top End – Far north Qld, northern NT and northern WA)
- Tropical Treks Guided Bushwalks (Southeast Qld) – guided walks)
- Wildside Tours (Southeast Qld)
- Many other tours also include some gentle walks, and most accommodation providers can direct you to self-guided walks