Issues concerning Wildlife Tourism, some of which have been discussed at length in our various workshops, and conferences include:
The value of wildlife tourism to conservation, and how to enhance this
- The value of wildlife tourism to local communities
- Minimising negative effects of tourism on wildlife – disturbance of wildlife and their habitats etc.
- Processes that threaten wildlife – habitat clearing, climate change, pollution etc.
- Dealing with human/wildlife conflicts
- How can tourists assist with Widlife research and conservation?
- Welfare of animals in captivity
- Quality of visitor education about wildlife
- What kinds research are most needed?
Please leave comments on the various pages to express your views and ask questions
Also see our Facebook page for updates on some issues, and to join discussions