Welcome to our jobs page
- Use this page to advertise relevant vacancies – either add a comment or let us know via the Contact Us page.
- Please visit the job-seekers page. to see details of motivated prospective employees seeking employment or work experience
- Use our job-seekers page to let prospective employers and hosts know about your interested, availability and background experience
- Show your prospective employer you understand the basics of responsible wildlife tourism by reading the links from wildlifetourism.org.au/experiencing-our-wildlife/policies/
- If interested in volunteering for wildlife research (which may or may not involve paying for your involvement), check out our wildlife tourism research network
- To view WTA member operations to see which you might be interested in asking about vacancies, go to our Wildlife Tours, Parks, Accommodation page
* * * *
Scrolling down this page you will find
- links to other pages that advertise relevant vacancies
- samples of currently available vacancies in wildlife tourism, ecotourism, wildlife conservation and related fields
- courses in wildlife and tourism related fields.
Select from the quick links below:
Various Job Sites
Courses and Training
The email newsletter Wildlife Extra regularly lists wildlife vacancies. Contact them at Wildlife Extra <email@example.com>
WILDLIFE JOB SEARCH: www.pherkad.com/jobs.html
This is a great search engine with regular eco tourism jobs: Ecotourism jobs
NEW Adventure Tourism Guides. Australian Sunset Safaris.
NEW Wildlife Ranger (Reptiles). Billabong Sanctuary. Closes 30.11.15
Sales & Marketing Manager. Thala Beach Nature Reserve. Port Douglas. Closes 30.11.15
Wildlife Ranger (Reptiles) Closes 30.11.15
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENT AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Job Centre: www.jobs.qld.gov.au
NEW Duty Officer. Taronga. Dubbo. Closes 6.12.15
NEW Trainer And Assessors. Taronga Western Plains Zoo (Dubbo). Closes 30.11.15
NEW Guest Services Host & Wild Flight Operator. Sydney Zoo. Part Time.
OFFICE OF ENVIRONMENT AND HERITAGE
Jobs Centre jobs.nsw.gov.au
NEW Wildlife Demonstrator. Wild Action. Macedon Ranges. Job starts early January 2016.
Manager Human Resources. Zoos Victoria. Closes 7.12.15
Taronga Training Institute Support Officer. Part Time. Melbourne. Closes 2.12.15
Animal Park Keeper. Maru Koala & Animal Park. Phillip Island
Bird Manager. Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium.
Lead Aquarist. Sea Life. Melbourne Aquarium.
Assets & Maintenance Manager. Zoos Victoria
Bird Manager. Sea Life Aquarium. Melbourne.
Vet Nurse. Healesville Sanctuary. Closes 26.11.15
DEPARTMENT OF SUSTAINABILITY AND ENVIRONMENT
Job Centre: www.careers.vic.gov.au
Current vacancies at Zoos in Victoria – see www.peoplestreme.net/zoosvictoria
Visitor Reception Officer. Cradle Mountain National Park.
Executive Officer. Great Walks Of Australia.
DEPARTMENT OF PRIMARY INDUSTRIES, PARKS, WATER AND ENVIRONMENT
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES
Volunteering Opportunities: www.environment.sa.gov.au/Work_With_Us/Volunteering_opportunities
NEW Field Officer – Hamelin Station Reserve. Bush Heritage Australia. Closes 6.12.15
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENT AND CONSERVATION
NATURAL RESOURCES, ENVIRONMENT, THE ARTS AND SPORT
Also check out these links for wildlife job postings:
Volunteering can serve a useful purpose in raising awareness of our wildlife, and also give you valuable experience and something to add to your cv.
Conservation Volunteers Australia always has a variety of exciting projects to join in with, giving you the opportunity to do your bit for conservation while travelling through the country.
Many wildlife tourism operations such as Australia Zoo, David Fleay Wildlife Park, Underwater World and others employ volunteer guides and offer training. Some natural history and conservation associations (e.g. Lamington Natural History Association) are also involved in nature interpretation, and welcome enthusiastic volunteers
Monkey Rehabilitation Carer. 6 month contract. BARC. Tabanan, Bali.
Cleland Wildlife Park in the Adelaide Hills (South Australia) is seeking volunteers.
The Tourism Research Entity at North West University, South Africa has a vacancy for a post doc. The position is for one year but can be extended up to 3 years. For further information contact Mrs Hanneri Borstlap at firstname.lastname@example.org
50 Partial Scholarships ($6,000) are now available to study IWC programs in integrated water management, which is available via distance learning. Get more info here.
NEW Science Graduate Internship Opportunities. Australian Wildlife Conservancy. Closes 13.11.15
Are you interested in training or receiving some education? Get information on education, training courses here.