Welcome to our jobs page
- Use this page to advertise relevant vacancies – either add a comment or let us know via the Contact Us page.
- Please visit the job-seekers page. to see details of motivated prospective employees seeking employment or work experience
- Use our job-seekers page to let prospective employers and hosts know about your interested, availability and background experience
- Show your prospective employer you understand the basics of responsible wildlife tourism by reading the links from wildlifetourism.org.au/experiencing-our-wildlife/policies/
- If interested in volunteering for wildlife research (which may or may not involve paying for your involvement), check out our wildlife tourism research network
- To view WTA member operations to see which you might be interested in asking about vacancies, go to our Wildlife Tours, Parks, Accommodation page
* * * *
Scrolling down this page you will find
- links to other pages that advertise relevant vacancies
- samples of currently available vacancies in wildlife tourism, ecotourism, wildlife conservation and related fields
- courses in wildlife and tourism related fields.
Select from the quick links below:
Various Job Sites
Courses and Training
The email newsletter Wildlife Extra regularly lists wildlife vacancies. Contact them at Wildlife Extra <firstname.lastname@example.org>
WILDLIFE JOB SEARCH: www.pherkad.com/jobs.html
This is a great search engine with regular eco tourism jobs: Ecotourism jobs
NEW Photographer / Videographer / Social Media. Sea World Whale Watch. Gold Coast.
NEW Adventure Tourism Tour Guides (4WD). Australian Sunset Safaris
CEO Executive Assistant. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary.
Volunteer Supervisor. Part Time. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary.
Queensland Manager of Outback to Oceans Program. Brisbane. Closes 25.4.16
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENT AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Job Centre: www.jobs.qld.gov.au
NEW Part Time Guest Experience Coordinator. Taronga Zoo. Closes 30.4.16
NEW Park Manager – Booderee National Park. Indigenous engagement. Jervis Bay Territory.
NEW Visitor & Tourism Services Officer. Gosford or Sydney.
NEW Keeper, Australian Fauna Precinct. Taronga Zoo. Closes 1.5.16
Senior Animal Keeper. Oakvale Farm & Fauna World. Port Stephens. Closes 1.5.16
Animal Trainer and Conditioner. Featherdale Wildlife Park.
OFFICE OF ENVIRONMENT AND HERITAGE
Jobs Centre jobs.nsw.gov.au
NEW Casual Tour Guide / Driver. Autopia Tours. Get Lost Travel Group. Melbourne.
Events & Marketing Co-Ordinator. Wildlife Victoria.
Driver/Tour Guide (English & Italian and/or Spanish). Oceania Tours & Safaris
Manager Corporate Business & Tourism. Closes 2.5.16
DEPARTMENT OF SUSTAINABILITY AND ENVIRONMENT
Job Centre: www.careers.vic.gov.au
Current vacancies at Zoos in Victoria – see www.peoplestreme.net/zoosvictoria
NEW Manager Sales & Marketing. Under Down Under Tours. Hobart. Closes 6.5.16
DEPARTMENT OF PRIMARY INDUSTRIES, PARKS, WATER AND ENVIRONMENT
NEW Adventure Tour Guide. Kangaroo Island Outdoor Action. Kangaroo Island
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES
Volunteering Opportunities: www.environment.sa.gov.au/Work_With_Us/Volunteering_opportunities
NEW Gnaraloo Turtle Conservation Program. Scientific Internships 2016/2017. Perth
4WD Tour Driver/Guides & Tour Hosts. Kimberley Wild Expeditions.
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENT AND CONSERVATION
Tour Guide. Cooinda Lodge Kakadu.
Tour Guide. Wayoutback Australian Safaris. Alice Springs and Darwin
Tour Guides (2). The Rock Tour. Alice Springs
NATURAL RESOURCES, ENVIRONMENT, THE ARTS AND SPORT
Also check out these links for wildlife job postings:
Volunteering can serve a useful purpose in raising awareness of our wildlife, and also give you valuable experience and something to add to your cv.
Conservation Volunteers Australia always has a variety of exciting projects to join in with, giving you the opportunity to do your bit for conservation while travelling through the country.
Many wildlife tourism operations such as Australia Zoo, David Fleay Wildlife Park, Underwater World and others employ volunteer guides and offer training. Some natural history and conservation associations (e.g. Lamington Natural History Association) are also involved in nature interpretation, and welcome enthusiastic volunteers
Monkey Rehabilitation Carer. 6 month contract. BARC. Tabanan, Bali.
Cleland Wildlife Park in the Adelaide Hills (South Australia) is seeking volunteers.
The Tourism Research Entity at North West University, South Africa has a vacancy for a post doc. The position is for one year but can be extended up to 3 years. For further information contact Mrs Hanneri Borstlap at email@example.com
50 Partial Scholarships ($6,000) are now available to study IWC programs in integrated water management, which is available via distance learning. Get more info here.
Are you interested in training or receiving some education? Get information on education, training courses here.