Welcome to our jobs page
- Use this page to advertise relevant vacancies – either add a comment or let us know via the Contact Us page.
- Please visit the job-seekers page. to see details of motivated prospective employees seeking employment or work experience
- Use our job-seekers page to let prospective employers and hosts know about your interested, availability and background experience
- Show your prospective employer you understand the basics of responsible wildlife tourism by reading the links from wildlifetourism.org.au/experiencing-our-wildlife/policies/
- If interested in volunteering for wildlife research (which may or may not involve paying for your involvement), check out our wildlife tourism research network
- To view WTA member operations to see which you might be interested in asking about vacancies, go to our Wildlife Tours, Parks, Accommodation page
* * * *
Scrolling down this page you will find
- links to other pages that advertise relevant vacancies
- samples of currently available vacancies in wildlife tourism, ecotourism, wildlife conservation and related fields
- courses in wildlife and tourism related fields.
Select from the quick links below:
Various Job Sites
Courses and Training
The email newsletter Wildlife Extra regularly lists wildlife vacancies. Contact them at Wildlife Extra <email@example.com>
WILDLIFE JOB SEARCH: www.pherkad.com/jobs.html
This is a great search engine with regular eco tourism jobs: Ecotourism jobs
NEW Sales Manager – Digital & Domestic markets. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary.
NEW Fundraising Manager. Australia Zoo.
NEW Management Couple – Park Hosts. Cobbold Gorge Tours. Gulf Savannah region.
NEW Aquarist. ReefHQ Aquarium. Townsville. Closes 11.2.16
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENT AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Job Centre: www.jobs.qld.gov.au
NEW Direct Marketing Coordinator. Taronga Zoo. Closes 14.2.16
NEW Tourism Sales Assistant. Taronga Zoo. Closes 9.2.16
OFFICE OF ENVIRONMENT AND HERITAGE
Jobs Centre jobs.nsw.gov.au
NEW Education Officer (Indigenous). Part Time. Healesville Sanctuary. Closes 21.2.16
NEW Reptile Keeper (casual) Ballarat Wildlife Park. Closes 15.2.16
DEPARTMENT OF SUSTAINABILITY AND ENVIRONMENT
Job Centre: www.careers.vic.gov.au
Current vacancies at Zoos in Victoria – see www.peoplestreme.net/zoosvictoria
DEPARTMENT OF PRIMARY INDUSTRIES, PARKS, WATER AND ENVIRONMENT
NEW Adventure Tour Guide. Kangaroo Island Outdoor Action.
NEW Tourism Coordinator. Port Pirie Regional Council.
NEW Corporate Partnerships Coordinator. Zoos South Australia. Closes 8.2.16
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES
Volunteering Opportunities: www.environment.sa.gov.au/Work_With_Us/Volunteering_opportunities
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENT AND CONSERVATION
Croc Manager – Crocosaurus Cove. Darwin.
Tour Guides & Coxswain. El Questro Wilderness Park.
Tour Guide. Uluru and Kata Tjuta National Park.
Tour Attendant x 3. AAT Kings.
NATURAL RESOURCES, ENVIRONMENT, THE ARTS AND SPORT
Also check out these links for wildlife job postings:
Volunteering can serve a useful purpose in raising awareness of our wildlife, and also give you valuable experience and something to add to your cv.
Conservation Volunteers Australia always has a variety of exciting projects to join in with, giving you the opportunity to do your bit for conservation while travelling through the country.
Many wildlife tourism operations such as Australia Zoo, David Fleay Wildlife Park, Underwater World and others employ volunteer guides and offer training. Some natural history and conservation associations (e.g. Lamington Natural History Association) are also involved in nature interpretation, and welcome enthusiastic volunteers
Monkey Rehabilitation Carer. 6 month contract. BARC. Tabanan, Bali.
Cleland Wildlife Park in the Adelaide Hills (South Australia) is seeking volunteers.
The Tourism Research Entity at North West University, South Africa has a vacancy for a post doc. The position is for one year but can be extended up to 3 years. For further information contact Mrs Hanneri Borstlap at firstname.lastname@example.org
50 Partial Scholarships ($6,000) are now available to study IWC programs in integrated water management, which is available via distance learning. Get more info here.
NEW Science Graduate Internship Opportunities. Australian Wildlife Conservancy. Closes 13.11.15
Are you interested in training or receiving some education? Get information on education, training courses here.