Welcome to our jobs page
- Use this page to advertise relevant vacancies – either add a comment or let us know via the Contact Us page.
- Please visit the job-seekers page. to see details of motivated prospective employees seeking employment or work experience
- Use our job-seekers page to let prospective employers and hosts know about your interested, availability and background experience
- Show your prospective employer you understand the basics of responsible wildlife tourism by reading the links from wildlifetourism.org.au/experiencing-our-wildlife/policies/
- If interested in volunteering for wildlife research (which may or may not involve paying for your involvement), check out our wildlife tourism research network
- To view WTA member operations to see which you might be interested in asking about vacancies, go to our Wildlife Tours, Parks, Accommodation page
* * * *
Scrolling down this page you will find
- links to other pages that advertise relevant vacancies
- samples of currently available vacancies in wildlife tourism, ecotourism, wildlife conservation and related fields
- courses in wildlife and tourism related fields.
Select from the quick links below:
Various Job Sites
Courses and Training
The email newsletter Wildlife Extra regularly lists wildlife vacancies. Contact them at Wildlife Extra <[email protected]>
WILDLIFE JOB SEARCH: www.pherkad.com/jobs.html
This is a great search engine with regular eco tourism jobs: Ecotourism jobs
Now accepting applications for 2018
OXFORD, Ohio (Sept. 1, 2017) – Miami University’s Project Dragonfly is accepting applications for 2018 Earth Expeditions graduate courses that offer extraordinary experiences in 16 countries throughout the world. http://EarthExpeditions.MiamiOH.edu/
In Baja, students work in the diverse marine environments of the Bahía de Los Ángeles Biosphere Reserve, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In Belize, students explore the world’s second largest coral reef system. And in Australia, students conduct research on the world’s largest reef system, working directly with the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority, the organization responsible for the management and conservation of the Great Barrier Reef. Students in these courses apply field methods in reef, island, sea grass, mangrove, and other marine ecosystems, while becoming part of a global alliance of professionals who work together to engage communities in science and conservation.
Earth Expeditions can build toward the Global Field Program (GFP), a master’s degree that combines summer field courses worldwide with web learning communities so that students can complete the GFP master’s part-time from anywhere in the United States or abroad. http://GFP.MiamiOH.edu/
Graduate tuition for all programs is greatly reduced because of support from Miami University.
Australian Public Service. Environment Jobs
Job Centre: www.jobs.qld.gov.au
Jobs Centre jobs.nsw.gov.au
Job Centre: www.careers.vic.gov.au
Current vacancies at Zoos in Victoria – see www.peoplestreme.net/zoosvictoria
Volunteering Opportunities: www.environment.sa.gov.au/Work_With_Us/Volunteering_opportunities
Also check out these links for wildlife job postings:
Volunteering can serve a useful purpose in raising awareness of our wildlife, and also give you valuable experience and something to add to your cv.
Conservation Volunteers Australia always has a variety of exciting projects to join in with, giving you the opportunity to do your bit for conservation while travelling through the country.
Many wildlife tourism operations such as Australia Zoo, David Fleay Wildlife Park, Underwater World and others employ volunteer guides and offer training. Some natural history and conservation associations (e.g. Lamington Natural History Association) are also involved in nature interpretation, and welcome enthusiastic volunteers
Monkey Rehabilitation Carer. 6 month contract. BARC. Tabanan, Bali.
Cleland Wildlife Park in the Adelaide Hills (South Australia) is seeking volunteers.
The Tourism Research Entity at North West University, South Africa has a vacancy for a post doc. The position is for one year but can be extended up to 3 years. For further information contact Mrs Hanneri Borstlap at [email protected]
50 Partial Scholarships ($6,000) are now available to study IWC programs in integrated water management, which is available via distance learning. Get more info here.
Are you interested in training or receiving some education? Get information on education, training courses here.