Welcome to our jobs page
- Use this page to advertise relevant vacancies – either add a comment or let us know via the Contact Us page.
- Please visit the job-seekers page. to see details of motivated prospective employees seeking employment or work experience
- Use our job-seekers page to let prospective employers and hosts know about your interested, availability and background experience
- Show your prospective employer you understand the basics of responsible wildlife tourism by reading the links from wildlifetourism.org.au/experiencing-our-wildlife/policies/
- If interested in volunteering for wildlife research (which may or may not involve paying for your involvement), check out our wildlife tourism research network
- To view WTA member operations to see which you might be interested in asking about vacancies, go to our Wildlife Tours, Parks, Accommodation page
* * * *
Scrolling down this page you will find
- links to other pages that advertise relevant vacancies
- samples of currently available vacancies in wildlife tourism, ecotourism, wildlife conservation and related fields
- courses in wildlife and tourism related fields.
Select from the quick links below:
Various Job Sites
Courses and Training
The email newsletter Wildlife Extra regularly lists wildlife vacancies. Contact them at Wildlife Extra <firstname.lastname@example.org>
WILDLIFE JOB SEARCH: www.pherkad.com/jobs.html
This is a great search engine with regular eco tourism jobs: Ecotourism jobs
Australian Public Service. Environment Jobs
NEW Visitor Information Centre Manager. Brisbane. Closes 14.12.16
NEW Tourism Coordinator. Caloundra Chamber Of Commerce. Part time
NEW Editor. Wildlife Australia Magazine. Closes 11.12.16
NEW Foundation Manager. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
Dining Room & Bar Manager. O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat. Gold Coast.
Animal Show Presenter & Trainer. Casual. Currumbin Sanctuary. Gold Coast
Field Officer/Conservation Ranger. Australia Zoo. Based in Cape York.
Job Centre: www.jobs.qld.gov.au
NEW Marketing Manager Foundation for National Parks & Wildlife Closes 18.12.16
NEW Maintenance Positions. National Zoo & Aquarium and Jamala Wildlife Lodge
NEW Social Media & Communications Manager. Upper Blue Mountains. Tourism.
Oceans & Wildlife Engagement Manager. WWF. Closes 5.12.16
Park Manager. Mutawintji National Park. NSW Office of Environment & Heritage.
Trainee Keeper – Presenter (casual). Sea Life Sydney Aquarium.
Tourism Sales Executive. Taronga Zoo. Closes 4.12.16
Development Executive (fundraising & event management) Aust. Wildlife Conservancy. 19.12.16
Jobs Centre jobs.nsw.gov.au
NEW Projects & Procurement Coordinator. Phillip Island Nature Parks. Closes 6.12.16
Communication & Media Officer. Australian Marine Conservation Society. Closes 5.12.16
Tour Guide / Driver Wildlife Tours. Melbourne
Job Centre: www.careers.vic.gov.au
Current vacancies at Zoos in Victoria – see www.peoplestreme.net/zoosvictoria
NEW Operations Manager / Head Keeper. Trowunna Wildlife Park. Closes 10.12.16
Senior Keeper Native Mammals & Herpetofauna. Adelaide Zoo. Closes 5.12.16
Volunteering Opportunities: www.environment.sa.gov.au/Work_With_Us/Volunteering_opportunities
General Manager – Tourism Business Albany Closes 2.12.16
Also check out these links for wildlife job postings:
Volunteering can serve a useful purpose in raising awareness of our wildlife, and also give you valuable experience and something to add to your cv.
Conservation Volunteers Australia always has a variety of exciting projects to join in with, giving you the opportunity to do your bit for conservation while travelling through the country.
Many wildlife tourism operations such as Australia Zoo, David Fleay Wildlife Park, Underwater World and others employ volunteer guides and offer training. Some natural history and conservation associations (e.g. Lamington Natural History Association) are also involved in nature interpretation, and welcome enthusiastic volunteers
Monkey Rehabilitation Carer. 6 month contract. BARC. Tabanan, Bali.
Cleland Wildlife Park in the Adelaide Hills (South Australia) is seeking volunteers.
The Tourism Research Entity at North West University, South Africa has a vacancy for a post doc. The position is for one year but can be extended up to 3 years. For further information contact Mrs Hanneri Borstlap at email@example.com
50 Partial Scholarships ($6,000) are now available to study IWC programs in integrated water management, which is available via distance learning. Get more info here.
Are you interested in training or receiving some education? Get information on education, training courses here.