Conference 28-31 October 2018, Launceston and Cradle Mountain, Tasmania: Wildlife Tourism Values and Challenges: balancing the needs of wildlife, tourists, operators and residents. How do we know what really matters to animals? How do we cater for this while still pleasing tourists and respecting the needs of operators and local residents? What do we need to know about the positive and negative conservation effects of tourism? We bring academic researchers, tour operators and others together to explore these questions. The main venue is at the edge of very scenic wilderness with abundant wildlife, and we will visit a wildlife park involved in conservation breeding. Click here for details. Deadline for abstracts and early bird registration 31st May.
- Also visit Coming events for other activities both by Wildlife Tourism and by others.
What is Wildlife Tourism Australia Inc.?
Wildlife Tourism Australia Inc. (WTA) is a not for profit incorporated association representing wildlife tour operators, eco-lodges, wildlife parks, academic researchers, students, NGOs and others with an interest in sustainable wildlife tourism. See our guidelines, policies and best practice pages.
Wildlife Tourism Research and Information
- research literature, other publications and book reviews relevant to wildlife tourism;
- discussions on wildlife tourism topics; reports on workshops, etc.
- research interests of academic (including student) members for networking
Tour Operators, Researchers and Students
- Promote your tours, eco-accommodation, wildlife park etc.
- Find past or coming conferences, other news and research relevant to your business
- Discuss best practice and many other aspects of wildlife tourism and many other topics
- Join our Australian Wildlife Tourism Research Network if you are interested in helping to conduct wildlife research
- Find employees or employment