Main event for 2016: 2 or 3 day workshop in Adelaide (SA), probably 9-11 November. Details TBA soon.
Also two possible one-day workshops coming up in 2016: in Kooralbyn (Qld) and Coochiemudlo Island (Qld) Details TBA. For details of 2015’s conference “Wildlife Tourism: A Force for Biodiversity Conservation and Local Economies?” please visit http://www.wildlifetourism.org.au/blog/events/wildlife-tourism-conference-geelong-2015/
Wildlife Tourism Australia (WTA) is a not for profit incorporated association representing tourist operations, educators, researchers, students, businesses, NGOs and individuals that support sustainable wildlife tourism in Australia.
See the code of conduct for our members.
Wildlife Tourism Research and Information
On this site we provide an extensive amount of information in many areas including:
- research literature relevant to wildlife tourism; discussions, blog entries and book reviews on wildlife tourism topics; reports on workshops, roundtable discussions etc.
- members’ backgrounds and research interests
Wildlife experience seekers: plan your travels!
Seek quality tour operators, eco-accommodation, wildlife parks, and other wildlife experiences throughout Australia (and beyond), look for volunteer opportunities and information on Australia’s wildlife and their habitats.
Tour Operators, Researchers and Students
- Promote your tours, eco-accommodation, wildlife park etc.
- Find past or coming conferences, other news and research relevant to your business
- Discuss best practice and many other aspects of wildlife tourism and many other topics
- Join our Australian Wildlife Tourism Research Network if you are interested in helping to conduct wildlife research
- Find employees or employment